ESS was formed in 2000 and was the first UK distributor appointed by Sanyo following the establishment of their first UK sales office. Prior to this the directors and staff at ESS had acted as agents for Sanyo which means they have over 15 years experience selecting and designing air conditioning equipment. The Sanyo range is now manufactured by Panasonic who ESS continue to represent but more recently they have also added Samsung and Robur gas fired absorption heat pumps and chillers. Click on the ESS logo to be redirected to their site for additional information.
ESS are the sole UK distributors of the Robur range of heat pumps and chillers and indeed most other units in the UK are in fact Robur units badged up. Gas fired heat pumps have a number of advantages over traditional gas boilers and electric heat pumps which include:-
1. 25 year life cycle compared to about 15 years on electric
2. Low capital cost i.e. CHP would be 4 times the cost of a gas fired system
3. Up to 40% reduction in fuel bills compared to the best condensing boiler
4. High efficiency of up to 174% and even 154% at -7 degrees. Approximately half the number of bore holes required on a ground source scheme compared to an electric system.
5. Robur produce the quietist heat pump on the market at just NR38 at 5m.
6. Part L compliant on their own without the need to offset with other products. The product comes under the low or zero energy sources for building regulations.
7. Low nox emmisions of 44ppm.
ESS also represent Robur for their range of gas fired unit heaters. Robur manufacture a large range of units including modulating heaters, Low Nox emmisions heaters and atmospheric gas burner heaters with centrifugal fans for ducted applications. The range covers outputs from 13kw up to 63kw with efficiencies of over 100%.
ESS represent both Panasonic and Samsung which gives them access to a vast range of market leading products within the air conditioning industry. The ranges include 4,2 and 1 way cassettes, cased and chassis floor mounted units, slim-line and high static duct mounted units, water heaters, Panasonics unique gas fired VRF units and Samsungs market leading controls.